Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #21

Sweet DJ, nice work! Stop it though, a new camera's not in the budget Well I guess there are no worries in me buying one since they don't sell skill at the camera store.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterBob - CA
Djolmas, zdrahvo, kahko steh? (that's all I know)

My wifes family (on her mother's side) is from Dubrovnik. We hope to visit her homeland someday... beautiful country!
Dubrovnik is a great place, and very romantic at night as well. you should definitely go check it out. its a beautiful country.
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #23

serbian, croatian and bosnian are all the same language really with some minor changes and different accents (ex. american english and british english)
I was born in serbia (beograd), but lived in dubrovnik for 6 yrs, i also lived in paris for 6 yrs and let me tell u, i think dubrovnik is prettier then paris, seriously its got a great history and is an amazing city. croatia is general is the nicest country you'll find in eastern europe so i suggest you visit if you have the chance :-)

btw some really awesome pix in this thread
xxxalexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:55 PM   #24

yeah man like i said thx to the war our languages expanded, but hey...

btw, heres an even bette picture

Old 06-29-2007, 01:20 AM   #25

Dober Dan,

I was just in Beograd (serbia) last weekend with some friends. Drove my box down from Ljubljana (Slovenia, where I currently live). Took about 5hrs on the freeway.

I have never seen such attention paid to my car ever!!! People just hoarded around it. I ended up going back and parking at a secure carpark at my hotel just in case. Apparently a car gets stolen every 5 minutes in Belgrade and my insurance covers my car for every country in Europe except Serbia and Bosnia. Crazy!

Very interesting place. There is still lots of scars on buildings from the 'bombings in 99'

Great people, food and wine, very welcoming people.

Croatia is very very beautiful, especially the coast, but for driving Slovenia is awesome! Mountains, unpoliced highways (180-200k's) cruising speed on freeways, beatiful coast. You can cover the whole country on 1 tank of gas.

Nasvidenje, Caio.

Past Cars
2006 MB C180k
2005 Peugeot 306
1980 928
2004 Subaru Liberty GT
2000 Nissan Pulsar SSS

Last edited by smagerstein; 06-29-2007 at 01:24 AM.
smagerstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:21 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by smagerstein
Dober Dan,

I was just in Beograd (serbia) last weekend with some friends. Drove my box down from Ljubljana (Slovenia, where I currently live). Took about 5hrs on the freeway.

I have never seen such attention paid to my car ever!!! People just hoarded around it. I ended up going back and parking at a secure carpark at my hotel just in case. Apparently a car gets stolen every 5 minutes in Belgrade and my insurance covers my car for every country in Europe except Serbia and Bosnia. Crazy!

Very interesting place. There is still lots of scars on buildings from the 'bombings in 99'

Great people, food and wine, very welcoming people.

Croatia is very very beautiful, especially the coast, but for driving Slovenia is awesome! Mountains, unpoliced highways (180-200k's) cruising speed on freeways, beatiful coast. You can cover the whole country on 1 tank of gas.

Nasvidenje, Caio.
thats awesome man, and yes cars get stolen there like nothing else.

i have a funny story about that, my dads friend bought a nice S class, and few days later he had a flat tire, so he didnt know how to take out the spare from the back and he got pissed and started beating on it and all over the trunk, leaving very bid dents all over the inside of the trunk. few days later his car gets stolen...sux. then, he says screw this i want another S class, so he calls around and one guy is like we have the exact model you are looking for, couse he said i want black on black and bla bla, so hes like fine ill take it. he buys it, and after paying and whateve his wife took it to the store, and when they were getting stuff out of the trunk he notices some dents, pulls the carpet..and its hic rcar LOL.
so yeah...stealing is like nothing.
but the city is still suffering, the whole country in general.
and as for croatia, well they didnt really get any dmage from the war, so its still a beautiful place.
glad you had fun man, do you have any pics you can PM me from the trip?