Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #1

Wheel Chip repair paint.

All, I have found that my touch up paint for my '02 silver Chrysler Town & Country minivan is almost a perfect, if not perfect, match to fill in rock chips and curb rash on my '02 Boxster wheels. Paint # is 04889571AA and comes in small bottle with brush. I will be doing more cometic wheel repair this week and let you all know how everything turns out.

AKL

Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #2

Wurth makes a spray paint that is a perfect match - actually a commonly used color on many German cars.

05 Touareg V8
Black
drburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drburton
Wurth makes a spray paint that is a perfect match - actually a commonly used color on many German cars.

This is true but unfortunately it is not available at this point in time. Griot's Garage also has cans of spray Silver and Clear Coat that are supposed to match and are reasonable at around $10.00 a can sans shipping. However for just a chip or slight scratch I have found the touch up paint applied with a tooth pick to be a fair solution plus I already had the paint on hand. For a larger project I would go for the spray cans for sure.

AKL

Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote