Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 09:55 AM   #41

xxxalexxxx boxsterz farewellregret NickCats - Exactly what I'm talking about. It's natural to slam people for what they drive, I always pick on ford people that I race with at the track, and they pick on me back It's all in good fun, and at the end of the day/run, the truth comes out. It's never the truly mean spirited, uneducated attacks I often see here.

djomlas - They bought me mine last November, after I got sick of driving around the 2005 lexus that they bought for me the year before. Of course, I had a big argument with them because they wanted to buy me an automatic and I wanted a standard... And yes, that was all sarcasm for those with broken sarcasm detectors.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #42

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
yeah but the problem is that MAJORITY of us here bought these cars for ourselves, not our parent buying them for us.
so i don't see the correlation at all with you saying that our mommy and daddy bought them for us to look down upon the unwashed masses.....
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
Old 09-13-2007, 10:53 AM   #43

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Oh man, this thread is hilarious.

I get people trying to tell me how much faster their cars are than mine. I just smile and say, "yeah you're probably right." I have fun driving my BoxS and I love the way it looks and drives. That's all that matters.

There are cheaper cars out there than can outrun our Boxes. Big deal.

Oh and Wonko, the majority of us pay for our own toys.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Old 09-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Are you saying that you have a 2.5 or 2.7L engine with the ECU from a 997? Why?
No I missed a coma, I have a 997 engine and an ecu upgrade to support it.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #45

Right, but the majority of the people who pay for their own toys normally have more respect for what other people have. The truely mean-spirited ones (about anything, not just cars) are normally the ones who get things handed to them on a silver platter.

"I get people trying to tell me how much faster their cars are than mine. I just smile and say, "yeah you're probably right." I have fun driving my BoxS and I love the way it looks and drives. That's all that matters.
There are cheaper cars out there than can outrun our Boxes. Big deal."

This is the exact opposite of most of the posts on the first page and a half. That is my point.

Summary: The type of attitude that seems to be pervasive here is the same attitude of spoiled children who don't actually respect anything they or anyone else has.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #46

I had an encounter with a SRT-4 just the other day. We did two 15-55ish mph rolls and I pulled two to three lenghs on him. I figured it would've been a little closer comparing the #'s on paper. He did have a passenger and perhaps his shifting skills weren't all there.

Last edited by Adam; 09-13-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:24 PM   #47
boggtown

Lol, I saw the joke and have to take it. Maybe his shifting skills werent there cause hes still on his learners permit.
But in all seriousness, I have 5 count them 5 friends who have srt-4's all under 22 years of age. I believe there are 6 srt-4s in town... They tear the **************** out of those cars: ripped off mufflers (didnt even bother to extent the pipe to the rear, just open pipe under the car, no tips even), crap carbon fiber hoods, completely bald tires from burning out all the time, new clutches all the time, stage 2 whatevers, painted engine pieces, crappy mufflers, and 3 of them have underglow neon. My personal experience of course.
Yes its a cool little quick car, but they arnt going to get the respect they deserve because of the demographic who buys them, the fact its the same engine in the PT cruiser gt, and that its a neon.
Would I ever get one? No. Would a teenager with a job and disposable income get one? yes. Ive seen older people drive them, but 30's is the limit.
My mom bought my car, and im glad. Cause if she didnt buy me a car, the 8 grand ive made would be going towards payments on a civic instead of wheels/tires etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
I had an encounter with a SRT-4 just the other day. We did two 15-55ish mph rolls and I pulled two to three lenghs on him. I figured it would've been a little closer comparing the #'s on paper. He did have a passenger and perhaps his shifting skills weren't all there.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Adam,

I guess that's where your 3.2 comes in handy against my little old 2.5

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
Old 09-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #49
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
They tear the **************** out of those cars: ripped off mufflers (didnt even bother to extent the pipe to the rear, just open pipe under the car, no tips even), crap carbon fiber hoods, completely bald tires from burning out all the time, new clutches all the time, stage 2 whatevers, painted engine pieces, crappy mufflers, and 3 of them have underglow neon. My personal experience of course.

I'm pretty sure that I read SRT-4s don't have mufflers.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:29 PM   #50

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that I read SRT-4s don't have mufflers.
some do, and some dont.
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
Old 09-15-2007, 11:06 AM   #51

it doesnt matter who bought the car for u, its about the ignorance a person has. you can be a complete lowlife and not respect other people but have some money in the bank, or just have 15k so u can buy a used boxster and gloat about it while disrespecting other peoples cars and pretending when ur better then then when in reality ur just a peace of ********************.
Its just annoying when a bunch of grown men (and women) are so ignorant and dont have any respect. i understand that everyone has their own opinions but some of us on here just bash other people/cars for no reason and it just looks stupid on your part.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:55 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxalexxxx
it doesnt matter who bought the car for u, its about the ignorance a person has. you can be a complete lowlife and not respect other people but have some money in the bank, or just have 15k so u can buy a used boxster and gloat about it while disrespecting other peoples cars and pretending when ur better then then when in reality ur just a peace of ********************.
Its just annoying when a bunch of grown men (and women) are so ignorant and dont have any respect. i understand that everyone has their own opinions but some of us on here just bash other people/cars for no reason and it just looks stupid on your part.
Hey Man calm down you'll offend the know it all wannabees on this forum who think they are big ****************tttttttttt with the $15000.00 US dollar boxsters and that's all they have to show for
2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Old 09-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #53
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by farewellregret
No I missed a coma, I have a 997 engine and an ecu upgrade to support it.
So you have a 330hp (plus or minus) engine in a 2800 pound mid engine car and it can't beat 13.5 sec 1/4 mile? Are you sure about that?
Old 09-15-2007, 11:39 PM   #54

Yup

Quote:
So you have a 330hp (plus or minus) engine in a 2800 pound mid engine car and it can't beat 13.5 sec 1/4 mile? Are you sure about that?
That's what I'm saying, could be off but it just doesn't feel as fast. It did however take out one of the new twin turbo 3 series, but not by much.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:17 AM   #55

I think this thread has been played out.

Closed Thread