Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 10:30 PM   #1

Help me deside

First of all I would like to say hello to this great forum, this is my first post and I hope not the last one.
OK here is my situation. I am in the market for a new used car after I sold my merc clk conv. I had found this black with light grey interior slk 200K at a used car's lot that had every mercedes code installed and it had the full brabus kit with quad mufflers and monoblock VI 2 pc wheels. Estimated car's price as new 78000 eur new model slk year 2005.
Couple of days ago on the road from work I spotted this 2002 base silver boxster that had a "FOR SALE" sign parked in front of a nice big house. I left my car to go to take a look. I talked with the owner who and found that he was the initial owner of this garage queen with only 24000 km, detailed service records, litronics, tiptronic immaculate condition inside and out. Owner has a cayenne and a 996 turbo and he does not drive the boxster much but as he told me he loves the car as its his first porsche and has to let go due to lack of his garage space. Slk does not look that well taken care of. The hood is full of stone chips and it is not very clean inside too.
Slk is 43000 eur and box is 39000 eur. Slk has 37000 km.
So now I am desperate. I can't deside.
I need the car only for a drive on weekends. I dont drive fast I like cruising in style. Fact is there are lots of slks around here but boxsters are very rare. Should I go for the newer more luxurius car with dvd, navi power seats, hard top or the box that's so babied but a 5 year car already. Forgot to mention I barely fit in the boxster.
Sorry for the long post and I hope I make the right decision. Please be as unbiased as possible.
Greetings from sunny Athens Greece.

KostasCLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:02 AM   #2

It seems that you are leaning towards the SLK. Especially with your statement that you barely fit into the Boxster. So it seems that if you bought the Boxster, you would be uncomfortable driving it and miss the options on the SLK.

Maybe neither car is right for you. On the one hand you have an 'uncared' for 2 year old SLK with options, and on the other hand, a well-cared for (babied) 5 year old boxster that is too small. Hmmmmmmmm.

Since I fit in both cars, my choice would be the Boxster. I usually buy my cars new, but if I had to buy a used car, it would be the one that is 'well cared' for. You don't want to buy someone else's problems on 'uncared for' expensive cars.

Whatever your choice, good luck to you.

Soetekouw is offline   Reply With Quote