Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2007, 05:55 AM   #1

Boxster Orange lovers :)

I think I just fall in love again

*excerpt taken from other forum*

Dressed in a coat of bright orange paint used for the awesome 911 GT3 RS, this display provides a first glimpse of a limited edition Boxster that will come to market this summer.

In addition to the eye-catching color, this Boxster conceptual vehicle also features other exterior and interior details that together give this already proven sporty and dynamic sports car a more aggressive and imposing stance.

Porsche designers, true to their form-follows-function roots, added a performance-enhancing sport exhaust system with visually unique twin tips. Safety bars, designed to help protect occupants, stand out when dressed in 911 GT3 RS orange paint. And the SportDesign package that includes spoiler lips that mount on the standard front trim, an automatically extending and redesigned rear spoiler, and modified rear trim with integrated diffuser not only provides a more striking and sportier appearance, it also improves aerodynamics by reducing lift on both the front and rear axles without increasing aerodynamic drag.

Complimenting the orange paint are black painted wheels with the rims in silver. Other elements in black include the exterior side mirrors, the front and side air inlets, the car's model designation on the rear deck, and a black convertible top.

Black carries over to the seats, carpet, dash, door panels and other surrounding soft surfaces. Adding to the performance theme is the use of Alcantara trim, a suede-like material used on performance Porsches like the 911 GT3 and 911 GT3 RS. Alcantara is pleasant to touch, but it also helps occupants stay planted in the interior during aggressive driving. Alcantara trim is used on the three-spoke steering wheel from the 911 GT3 RS, the seat inserts and handbrake lever.

To further tie the interior and exterior, Porsche designers added touches of bright orange to interior trim pieces such as the door lever surrounds and the trim panel that covers the dash-mounted cup holders. Even the shift pattern on the gear shift lever is orange.

unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:21 AM   #2

Just beautiful. Yesterday I went to the NY Auto Show (VIP session) and saw the most stunning Sunburst (Yellow metallic) color on an Aston Martin Vantage convertible (with red leather interior). Sorry didn't have a camera, but I'm sure pics of it will be popping out on the net.

Got to seat in a lot of cars, but after getting my Box, these shows became boring all of a sudden, and all other cars started to look the same.
Z.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:29 AM   #3

Yellow is one of my favorite color..I've seen one Speed yellow Boxster...awesome! (my first compact car was a bright yellow 03' Matrix)

and now, GT3 RS Orange on a Boxster...wohooooo! i know what im getting next Is it too much to have 2 Boxster in garage
Old 04-06-2007, 08:04 AM   #4

Yellow is one of my favorite color..I've seen one Speed yellow Boxster...awesome! (my first compact car was a bright yellow 03' Matrix)

and now, GT3 RS Orange on a Boxster...wohooooo! i know what im getting next Is it too much to have 2 Boxster in garage

Unklraker:
Here's one of each color for you. The 911 is "Sunoco Orange" a special color ordered on this car as advertising for the Daytona 24 in '73 or '74, according to the owner of the car.
The Boxster is (blush), mine.

Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:17 AM   #5

nice...

I think I'll fill up my garage with Red, orange, yellow and green color..kinda like a stop light
Old 04-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by unklekraker
nice...

I think I'll fill up my garage with Red, orange, yellow and green color..kinda like a stop light
sotp lights in illinois don't have orange j/k
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
sotp lights in illinois don't have orange j/k
hehehehehe! same here

ok! with the exception of orange
Old 04-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #8

I like the orange but that is very attention getting....it screams at you....I like the orange one bmuss posted alittle bit ago...a little more faint of an orange....

maybe he should check this out before he invests in the PSE...looks like b's orange porsche has arrived!

any word on extra power??
Old 04-06-2007, 08:51 AM   #9

Quote:
I like the orange but that is very attention getting....it screams at you....I like the orange one bmuss posted alittle bit ago...a little more faint of an orange....

maybe he should check this out before he invests in the PSE...looks like b's orange porsche has arrived!

that's the reason why i like that orange...eventhough you're not driving fast...it looks fast

I havent heard anything about extra power, all i know is it's going to be limited edition
Old 04-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
thats an awesome color.
i always tell myself that i will have a orange porsche one day.
we shall see....but i love orange.
also a great color is SOM (sunnset orange metallic) that i fell in love with from my camaro/trans am days.
heres what that looks like, very stunning
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:12 AM   #11
bmussatti

Orange...luv it!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:46 PM   #12

If anyone's really, really serious about the GT3 RS orange, there's a 997 Carrera S at the Stoddard dealership in Willoughby, OH, including black Carrera S wheels and black side mirrors, that's the exact same orange. Not my personal cup of tea, but I figured I'd give the heads up!

And in even more exciting personal news, finally got a call from the dealer I ordered my car from (Fred Baker Porsche), and she'll be arriving in 3-4 weeks, a bit earlier than planned. Can't wait ! And yes, I'll definitely be posting pics. I even have 19" Carrera S wheels already waiting to throw on the car.. first time I've ever bought wheels before owning the car. Is this what they call Porsche-mad ?

- Emmanuel
ejmc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:04 PM   #13
bmussatti

Emmanuel, here is that car:
Old 04-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #14

I used to think I hated orange, but it's really, really growing on me. I'm not sure I like the black wheels and accents, though. Black and orange is kind of...obvious. It reminds me of Halloween, or...the Flyers Team Car.

Hey Ronzi,

That's a really cool car you have there. Why don't you ever post pics of it?
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:17 PM   #15

Orange rules! I love it...

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #16

Quote:

But it's the perfect boxster for the Illinni fan!
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
But it's the perfect boxster for the Illinni fan!
man the illini don't have fans! Go Green, Go State....MSU!

I like this one still.....to bad its not a "S"

Last edited by super66; 04-06-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:55 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
I used to think I hated orange, but it's really, really growing on me. I'm not sure I like the black wheels and accents, though. Black and orange is kind of...obvious. It reminds me of Halloween, or...the Flyers Team Car.

Hey Ronzi,

That's a really cool car you have there. Why don't you ever post pics of it?
Grizz: Much obliged for the interest. I have posted a few pics from time to time, when I felt I had something pertinent to show, and it's only been in the last few months that I noodled out how to include a pic in the msg, instead of just a link.

There is not a whole lot special about my car other than the body color seat belts and stitching, and I am a firm believer that Porsche pretty much got it right the first time, so I'm not into mods to the car that would be good for show 'n' tell.

Anyway, since I do now know how to put the pic in the msg, I probably will be putting more pics in my posts, although it still is a bit of a pain.

Thanks,
Ronzi

Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote