Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2024, 10:21 AM   #1

Driver Side Axle

Anyone have a driver side axle in good shape they can part with reasonably? I’ve sent a message to Jon but have not received a reply so I’m not sure he is still active. Thanks. Mark

Jgkram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 03:01 PM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Mark, I saw your message and just sent a reply. 12+ hour day shifts have been kicking my butt. I have a few days off and will see what's available. If someone else offers one at a reasonable price in the mean time, go for it. Thx.
Old 08-31-2024, 02:56 AM   #3

FYI the 5 speed and 6 speed Boxster axles are different. Which do you need?
I bought good rebuildable 6 speed axles from DC Auto. Reasonably priced and shipped to my door.
tonythetarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 01:27 PM   #4
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Mark, I messaged you that all I found was 6-speed and Tiptronic axles. I remembered a recent thread about an alternative to used: https://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/85549-trakmotive-vw86031-axle-anyone-use-one-yet.html
Might be worth a try.
TRAKMOTIVE VW-86031 axle at Rock Auto.

or... here's a pair on eBay that looks like it includes the stubs from the transmission:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/166862452855