Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2021, 08:06 AM   #1

Porsche battery maintainer (old style)

Plugs into cigarette lighter. $40 plus shipping. PM me or e-mail me at ghoke10@comcast.net

Old 03-05-2021, 06:45 PM   #2

Garage
Love the authenticity of this piece.

Is it correct to the time period of the 986?, or is it more 993 or 964 than 996.

First Boxster, not first Porsche
litesonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesonic View Post
Love the authenticity of this piece.

Is it correct to the time period of the 986?, or is it more 993 or 964 than 996.
It's period-correct. I bought it new in December 2008. This model had been in production for several years before that as well. I just don't use it any more because I switched to a larger, AGM battery at Flat 6 Innovations' recommendation, and I bought an AGM-specific charger to go with it, just to be 100% certain of the compatibility.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:52 AM   #4

There’s a reason why even Porsche no longer uses it; maintainer technology has changed.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
There’s a reason why even Porsche no longer uses it; maintainer technology has changed.
Technology changes all the time. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with this battery maintainer. (There isn't.) Porsche no longer makes 986's any more, either.

Last edited by Banana S; 03-06-2021 at 12:22 PM.
Banana S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:01 PM   #6

Still available. Just taking up space in my garage... Make me a reasonable offer. (If I hadn't switched to an AGM battery, I'd still be using this.)

Banana S is offline   Reply With Quote