Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2021, 12:05 PM   #1
2007 Cayman S

Boxster Seat Control Module Cover

Hello all - I need to find the cover for a 986 seat control module. If you'll note the attached pic, you can see that I am missing the cover that covers the green circuit board. I know that I can buy the entire module, but all I need is the cover, which I realize is not likely sold separately. I am hoping that someone has a beat up module with a cover that they could sell me or if by chance someone has just the cover! I have checked with some of the usual places but, if someone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate that too. Please let me know. You can send me a PM, or email directly at: dmpreston356@gmail.com. Thanks!

Sorry - I am having trouble loading a picture! Hopefully you know what part I am talking about.

Last edited by por356c; 02-02-2021 at 12:08 PM. Reason: add picture
por356c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:57 PM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Edit: I just realized that you are probably looking for the module for the 'full power' seat. I don't have any extras of them.

I think I have a few of those in various places. It looks like there are left and right side parts. Which do you need?
Just the cover or the adjustment lever and other small parts, screws etc.? ...there's a tiny spring that gets lost.

Here's what I think you are asking for:
Picture 'borrowed' from here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/00-Porsche-Boxster-986-Right-Passenger-Side-Seat-Control-Switch/233753407701?

Last edited by 78F350; 02-02-2021 at 01:31 PM.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:46 PM   #3
2007 Cayman S

Boxster Power Seat Module Cover

Hi 78F350 - thanks for your help but, no sir, I am looking for the cover (like a lid) that covers the green circuit board portion of the seat control module. This module is mounted under the drivers seat onto the base of the seat. I am missing the cover, which is desirable to have! I am trying again to post a picture.