Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2019, 02:58 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 7
17x8.5 wheels

Pair of 2001 17x8.5 wheels for sale
Perfect for spec boxsters
Good condition, but not perfect. Wheels aren’t bent. Came off my 2001, and absolutely no problems. Dallas area, price $300
Can’t download pictures yet.. guess I’m a noobie

Btw......have tons of nice parts, and will beat Woody’s prices.
Let me know what you need

Last edited by Dk240z; 04-05-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Dk240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:55 PM   #2
Registered User
 
JBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Indiana
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk240z View Post
I’m a noobie

Btw......have tons of nice parts, and will beat Woody’s prices.
Let me know what you need
Obviously not too bright of a noobie either. 🙄
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:22 PM   #3
Who's askin'?
 
maytag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Utah
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Obviously not too bright of a noobie either.
Hahaha, harsh, but EXACTLY what I was thinking!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:57 PM   #4
Registered User
 
steved0x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 3,808
It's good to have choices but I'm all Woody
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:32 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Obviously not too bright of a noobie either. 🙄
Thanks guys
Appreciate the support
Dk240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:03 AM   #6
Who's askin'?
 
maytag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Utah
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk240z View Post
Thanks guys
Appreciate the support
I can appreciate your sarcasm, hehe.

I think what you're seeing here is a refreshing sense of Loyalty to the peeps who support the community. Don't hate that; it's so RARE!

In the meantime; I think that if you were to offer parts here simply as another option, and no mention of beating anybody's prices, you would probably find the group to be supportive. Others have. And frankly, I suspect that in the Porsche community, you'll find less concern about who has the cheapest prices, and more interest in pre & post-sales support. (at least it's true of me)

(I don't know if the owners of the forum look for any compensation for a commercial entity, though?)
maytag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:06 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
I can appreciate your sarcasm, hehe.

I think what you're seeing here is a refreshing sense of Loyalty to the peeps who support the community. Don't hate that; it's so RARE!

In the meantime; I think that if you were to offer parts here simply as another option, and no mention of beating anybody's prices, you would probably find the group to be supportive. Others have. And frankly, I suspect that in the Porsche community, you'll find less concern about who has the cheapest prices, and more interest in pre & post-sales support. (at least it's true of me)

(I don't know if the owners of the forum look for any compensation for a commercial entity, though?)
Thank you for your support
Wheels sold!
Administrator please delete this post
Always a handful of anal sphincters on every forum.
Dk240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:53 PM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 92
And another vote for woody!

Woody takes care of us and doesn't dog the competition....he's pure class.

Maybe you should get some....
L1ttleBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #9
Registered User
 
JBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Indiana
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk240z View Post
Thank you for your support
Wheels sold!
Administrator please delete this post
Always a handful of anal sphincters on every forum.
.. Ya he just sold his wheels 🙄
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:08 PM   #10
Who's askin'?
 
maytag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Utah
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk240z View Post
Thank you for your support

Wheels sold!

Administrator please delete this post

Always a handful of anal sphincters on every forum.
And another member- seller off to a great start here.

I wonder what dk (his name) stands for?

Bwahahaha......

I kill me. Hehe

Hey there, dk240z, you got any parts you wanna sell real cheap?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:16 AM   #11
Registered User
 
JBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Indiana
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
And another member- seller off to a great start here.

I wonder what dk (his name) stands for?

Bwahahaha......

I kill me. Hehe

Hey there, dk240z, you got any parts you wanna sell real cheap?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
6 posts, all in the for sale section. He just came here to sell his wheels. I doubt that he even has a Porsche. I'd hate to be the one that bought the wheels.
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:05 AM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 7
Sold!!!!!!!
Dk240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:28 AM   #13
1998 Boxster Silver/Red
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: 92262
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk240z View Post
Sold!!!!!!!
F u c k you, poser.

I suggest to all forum members that if a new member has less than 100 posts (and they aren't advertisements) that no one should purchase anything from them. I've seen a slew of these f u c kers who become "members" just to sell their s h i t, and offer nothing else to the forum. **************** 'em.
__________________
1998 Porsche Boxster
1986 BMW 325es
2012 Ford Edge Sport

"Ignore the guilt, and take your turn"

Last edited by Starter986; 04-11-2019 at 04:31 AM.
Starter986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:58 AM   #14
Registered User
 
JBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Indiana
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk240z View Post
Sold!!!!!!!
Oh he's so proud of himself 🙄
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:50 AM   #15
Who's askin'?
 
maytag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Utah
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
6 posts, all in the for sale section. He just came here to sell his wheels. I doubt that he even has a Porsche. I'd hate to be the one that bought the wheels.
I bet he's got a piece of crap 240z though. fits his personality. Sportin' a mullet?
maytag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:35 AM   #16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 421
Scared to dip my toe in these turbulent waters, I think maybe some folks are a bit overcaffeinated this tax season.
Every forum has its drama and the inherent conflicts of those passionate about their interests, but do we really need to manufacter drama by taking offense on someone else's behalf? Woody has proven his worth to this community time and again, but if he was at all offended I am not aware, and since he recently announced he was suspending sales here, he likely is chuckling and enjoying a cold one while watching this play out. (Which if true, is probably the most mature response on this thread.)
I am sure the new guy is either running for the safer hills of Rennlist or else enjoying the prospect of a keyboard pissing contest, but it seems a mild lesson in collegial courtesy and deference might have been more productive for the forum in the long run.
If I had encountered threads like this when I first signed up, I probably would not have stuck around.
Just my 2 cents...
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:02 AM   #17
Registered User
 
JBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Indiana
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
Scared to dip my toe in these turbulent waters,

If I had encountered threads like this when I first signed up, I probably would not have stuck around.
Just my 2 cents...
I would have thought that if the tone of this thread bother you that much you wouldn't return to it. 🤷
I guess some are just too sensitive for the internet if you find this little banter that unsettling. 🙄
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:32 AM   #18
Who's askin'?
 
maytag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Utah
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
Scared to dip my toe in these turbulent waters, I think maybe some folks are a bit overcaffeinated this tax season.

Every forum has its drama and the inherent conflicts of those passionate about their interests, but do we really need to manufacter drama by taking offense on someone else's behalf? Woody has proven his worth to this community time and again, but if he was at all offended I am not aware, and since he recently announced he was suspending sales here, he likely is chuckling and enjoying a cold one while watching this play out. (Which if true, is probably the most mature response on this thread.)

I am sure the new guy is either running for the safer hills of Rennlist or else enjoying the prospect of a keyboard pissing contest, but it seems a mild lesson in collegial courtesy and deference might have been more productive for the forum in the long run.

If I had encountered threads like this when I first signed up, I probably would not have stuck around.

Just my 2 cents...
I appreciate the opinion. I think some of this boils down to what role this forum plays for each of us, individually.

For me, and some like me, it's a community, where we share ideas, opinions, thoughts, technical help, answer questions, poke fun, laugh, get pissed, show- off, and meet like- minded people, much as we do in our other communities to which we belong.

To others, it's simply a database of owners, with an associated knowledge base.

Neither is wrong. Both are right. And no enthusiast forum will survive without both.

So a little etiquette that accommodates both, goes a long way. In this instance, common courtesy / etiquette would say "don't target or otherwise disparage those who support this community when you are trying to get us to support you".

Simple, really.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page