Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2017, 05:11 AM   #1

Wanted car mats for my boxster

Hi All

I'm after a set of car mats for my Boxster
Must be genuine and not bothered what colour or if they have been used but must be in very good condition

Thanks

mjoshyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:46 AM   #2

Garage
I have used set. Black from my 2004 Boxster. I changed to cocoa mats.
Blackcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:00 AM   #3
I am No. 1348

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
I have a special edition with a Cocoa interior and I'm looking for replacement mats with Porsche lettering. Where did you get yours?
Old 05-01-2017, 07:02 AM   #4

Garage
That may be a difficult quest given my experience with them. My original mats wore through at the driver's heel in less than two years. The Lloyds mats that I replaced them with are still looking goof after 100k miles.
Cbonilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:26 PM   #5

Hi
Just realised you in the US and I'm Richmond uk
mjoshyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:42 PM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoshyuk View Post
Hi

Just realised you in the US and I'm Richmond uk

You could try Douglas Valley Breakers. They have floor mats for RHD cars, and they're in the UK. Check them out on eBay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dulmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:23 AM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
I have a special edition with a Cocoa interior and I'm looking for replacement mats with Porsche lettering. Where did you get yours?
Google original coco mats. They have various colors.
Blackcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:44 AM   #8
I am No. 1348

Garage
Quote:
Google original coco mats. They have various colors.
Thanks for that, but I'm looking for originals in true keeping with this version of the Box.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #9

New ones are available from Suncoast for $119.95/pair but they don't seem to come in cocoa. They have:

Black

Graphite Grey

Metropol Blue

Boxster Red

Savanna Beige

Natural Brown

Sunset has a 987 floor mat set in cocoa for $92.55 but I don't think those fit in a 986. If you want factory cocoa mats used in good condition that may be tough, but not impossible to find. I have now worn a heel hole in my black driver side mat on my 2003 S. I found a Craigslist deal on a used set of front and rear 996 black floor mats, I'm saving the fronts for "someday."
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:20 PM   #10
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
What are you looking for them?
Pics?
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Hi Al, I ordered my cocoa (dark brown? - I don't remember what Lloyds calls them) color mats directly from Lloyds. They have copyright authorization for both the 'PORSCHE' and 'Boxster' wording and fonts. I went with the Boxster S wording rather than the original 'Porsche'. I think the 550 SE might have originally had mats that matched the lighter color of the carpet, but I custom ordered the cocoa color with 'Boxster' in Silver and 'S' in Dark Silver to form accents with the silver painted pieces of the interior.

#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 05-04-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
Hi Al, I ordered my cocoa (dark brown? - I don't remember what Lloyds calls them) color mats directly from Lloyds. They have copyright authorization for both the 'PORSCHE' and 'Boxster' wording and fonts. I went with the Boxster S wording rather than the original 'Porsche'. I think the 550 SE might have originally had mats that matched the lighter color of the carpet, but I custom ordered the cocoa color with 'Boxster' in Silver and 'S' in Dark Silver to form accents with the silver painted pieces of the interior.
Better pic.

#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Old 05-04-2017, 01:53 PM   #13

Those are great looking mats. After 17 years, my car deserves a new set.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:07 PM   #14
I am No. 1348

Garage
Wow, Fred....They look great. Excellent choice. They do look very high quality. I've seen the "S" in Red on Ebay. I may be leaning towards PORSCHE lettering as there isn't much Porsche lettering on the car presently. Thanks for the heads up! I love that Cocoa!
Old 05-04-2017, 02:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Wow, Fred....They look great. Excellent choice. They do look very high quality. I've seen the "S" in Red on Ebay. I may be leaning towards PORSCHE lettering as there isn't much Porsche lettering on the car presently. Thanks for the heads up! I love that Cocoa!
Thanks! I'm really happy with them. Quick turnaround for a custom order too. I think they can do the 'PORSCHE' rotated to vertical (but retaining the horizontal lettering orientation) to the sides of the mats, but you may need to give them a call to be certain. I believe this is the orientation of the originals, but I'm not sure.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:38 PM   #16

Garage
I have the same mats, black with Boxster S in silver. This discussion has prompted me to take a good look at my Lloyds mats, which have held up far better than the OEM mats. But looking at the Lloyd's site I no longer see them featuring the boxster mats with the embroidered lettering. Do I have to call them and ask for a set to be made? Anyone know what they're getting for a set with the boxster S script?

Carlos

Last edited by Cbonilla; 05-04-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Cbonilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbonilla View Post
I have the same mats, black with Boxster S in silver. This discussion has prompted me to take a good look at my Lloyds mats, which have held up far better than the OEM mats. But looking at the Lloyd's site I no longer see them featuring the boxster mats with the embroidered lettering. Do I have to call them and ask for a set to be made? Carlos
Hi Carlos, there's a specific link to get to their Porsche site. Google 'lloyds licensed Porsche floor mats'
Old 05-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #18

Al, I think (not sure) that these are the mats our 550 SEs shipped with.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
Hi Carlos, there's a specific link to get to their Porsche site. Google 'lloyds licensed Porsche floor mats'
Carlos, I just sent you a PM.