Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #1

Lightbulb WTB:Interior Light Diffuser

Looking for the plastic plate that covers the center top interior light for my 02. Bought mine without one so I assume it has a couple holes in it for the switch and for the orientation lights to shine through? Illuminate me won't you?

lapis986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
It wont have a hole for a switch. It'll be clear without holes and you will be able to rotation but its not meant for light orientation, its sorta hard to explain but the entire lense moves. If you clicking to point more backwards, that will make it light all the time... even with the car locked up... if it points straight down it'll be on only when you open doors and unlock the doors.

If you point it to its last setting which is more towards the windshield, it'll be off all the time and not light at all. hope this helps... Order one from Suncoastporsche.com very cheap with these guys.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:36 PM   #3

Perhaps I should clarify
My 2002 Boxster has an interior light with 4 components.
1. a protruding pin which when pressed adjusts the orientation light (amber LED pointed at dash) from high to low output.
2. The orientation light
3. the main bulb
4, the rocker switch to turn on with doors, steady on, or off. *Mine however switches left to right, not front to back
The part I am looking for is the cover for this light. called the good people at Suncoast, and for 33 bucks they can sell me the entire assembly, which is an awesome price, but I'd have to solder part of the wiring. Don't really want to solder anything inside the cabin of my car, and don't need to replace anything but the cover. Appears to snap in place. Anyone have any suggestions or parting out one that would fit. Based on CJ's reply, his year might have a different switch layout as he mentions it switches on and off forward to back?

This can't be that complicated can it?

I will try again later to attach a photo. I received this prompt when trying to do so tonight
> Could not create file system directory to hold your attachment.< maybe someone can tell me what that means? Photo was small, .jpeg?
Thanks for the help in finding this part.

lapis986 is offline   Reply With Quote