View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #8
Perfectlap

I think he said he needed a convertible.

I've driven the Turbo and I dig it. I'm looking for one but not a convertible. I'm not a fan of cars made into convertibles just to sell more cars. I like cars that are designed to be convertibles from the get go like the S2000, Z4 and our BoxsterS.
The Turbo is more of a GT not really a pure sports car in that its heavy, awd, and feels like a big car. A good all around car for daily living(if you don't mind driving a gas guzzler) and the GT1 engine block is much stronger for hard driving than all the other engines in the 911's, Boxsters and Caymans. Just needs a major diet.

I would not go spending lots of cash on more power for any Porsche. Just buy a more powerful Porsche. You will save more money and have less issues in the long run.

that urge to get more power is usually an indication that you aren't too familiar with the limits of your Porsche yet. If you want a bigger kick in the pants when you leave a red light consider a lighter car with equal power or get a car with a bigger engine. But the more driving instruction I've had the slower I seem to drive on the public roads and I lost all feelings that 250HP wasn't enough for me. I might get a nicer sounding exhaust at some point but that's it really. The thing with power mods is that you spend ALLOT of money with this car and after a while you get used to the power and want more.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote