View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 08:03 AM   #4
jhandy

Well it is not so much the money that I am worried about it is the reliability. The extended warranty was only 1000$ and it is correct that it would void the motor coverage.
That’s my question. Is the RUF upgrades worth the 20-30K and has anyone done this or similar. What is the reliability of the motor swap and the other small upgrades?
A used turbo convertible is only ~90,000$. Is the 60,000$ difference worth it? I have never driven a turbo so I can not say that yea there is 60,000$ worth of fun in the car.
The local Porsche dealer here does not have a turbo convertible- because they have not made one in a while- to test drive.
I just don’t want a headache and an unreliable car that may leave me stuck somewhere. That is why I will not put a turbo or a supercharger on the 02 S motor.
How about the chipping and headers for the 02 S? I have bypass pipes with a low flow muffler. There is some difference, but I dont know how far to go before I turn my lovely solid as a rock car into a work on it everyweekend pain in the rear.
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote