View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
thenavarro

Hi Rich,

They are not stock bolts. I bought 21 MM spacers from Ernie's Alloys to mount some 18 x 10 Carrera lightweights on my 2001 Boxster. I did have 15 mm spacers on already but the wheel would occasionally bump into the strut on hard driving. Thus, I bought the 21 mm from Ernie's to solve that problem. The bolts they sent me are 60 mm. When I mounted the wheels, and spun the wheels by hand, the bolts scrape against something on the inside as they are a little too long. I called Ernie's and they said they occasionally have this problem on Boxsters, they said they solve it by grinding down the wheel bolts a few mm. They have 50 mm bolts but they said those would be too short. They said they would look for some intermediate size between the two but they couldn't get to it until early next week. Or alternatively,t hey said they could have them ground down for me, but I really wanted to go ahead and get it done somewhere local so I wouldn't have to have the shipping delays of sending them back and forth to Florida. If I can't get something to work, I may just have to end up sending them back and getting their 18 MM spacers with 50 MM bolts. Take care,

Mike
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote