View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #7
Allen K. Littlefield

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986speedster
Ok I found the right one, but the tool is not seating properly...I am losing my mind!! Maybe the tool is too big, made incorrectly? Is there some trick to it? Wiggle, hammer?

Speedster, just went through this with my '02. I had the damndest time to get the hex wrench over the bar as it was close to one side of the opening and restricting the seating of the tool. I used a flashlight to see exactly where the bar was so I could favor that side in order to seat the wrench. Make sure the breaker bar on the tool faces straight back when you finally seat it and then turn it down and toward the front as per instructions in your owners manuel. There is only ONE access hole, the round one, to do this operation. The smaller ones are for setting the headlight beams at correct level. When you move the wrench downward you will hear a cracking sound that makes you think you really did it this time but that is just the light releasing. The light will move forward and upward. You then will have to wiggle it out in order to break the electrical connection. BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS WHEN YOU RE-INSTALL THE LIGHT. MAKE SURE IT IS IN THE SEATING TRACKS. This is how I broke my electrical connector ( I think) and now have to re-seat it through the fender well. You do not want to have this problem. Good luck and keep us posted.

986geezer
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote