View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 02:20 PM   #18
Brad Roberts

I have spent many months around a 2.5 Supercharged Boxster. It was the Boxster featured in a 1998 issue of Panorama (Bruce Anderson wrote the story) I'm "friendly" with Mike Levitas who develops the systems for his company TurboPerformance. Unless some drastic changes have been made to the fueling system I say stay away... He has the 996 kit 90% nailed down (he used to bring the test cars by the shop because we did development with him.)

Also.. because of the way TPC mounts the supercharger in the Boxster config... the supercharger has a hard time keeping itself oiled. It isnt designed to be hanging at a 45 degree angle. So premature failure is just around the corner. We had 8-10k miles on our car and the bearings in the supercharger where starting to howl.

The car was strong however.. got tired of it lightly up lights in the dash however.

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote