View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 05:50 AM   #7
Brucelee

Seriously, a nice used Subaru with a 0-30 synthetic oil and seat and block heaters is in order.

Oh, yes and a garage.

Best of luck in ND and thanks for serving our country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFRay007
Hey guys, I just found out that Uncle Sam is sending me to Grand Forks AFB in North Dakota. I get there this coming August and I really want to keep my Boxster but I'm wondering if it is worth winterizing her. Several people have told me that in January and February the temperature can stay a constant -30 degrees. The area is real flat and snow clearing is usually good, except the occasional heavy blizzard. My commute wouldnt be more than 20 minutes.

I understand that I'll have to get winter tires and a hardtop but will the winter wear down hard on the internals of the car? I'm worried I might suddenly encounter a lot of maintence issues. My car is an 03 and its been great so far. There is a dealership 70 miles from where I am but I cant find any independent places that work on Porsches so far. I'm already hesitant of the place because of the ridiculous prices they are overcharging their cars by:
http://valley-imports.porschedealer.com/preowned_cars/search.php

Any good advice would reeeealy be appreciated. I really want to keep her but right now it does not seem very practical

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote