View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 10:41 AM   #63
dcporsche99

Thanks Randall! I went ahead and bought all four including the tools. It cost me $480 and apparently with free shipping I'm sure I could have bought the tools in the local shop, but it was quick, it was easy, and they were all on the same website...so, poof! Money gone...hopefully, this takes care of the issue. Will let you know. They should be coming in the next 3-5 days.

BTW, I read about the universals and also asked my mechanic about it awhile back when I was in the shop to get my exhaust leak fixed from my headers. From what he says and from my readings, splicing universal is not a good idea unless one is electrically inclined. I am NOT so good with it and this is one place IMHO that saving a buck will cause more problems than it's worth....boy, am I learning fast!

Addition 3-6-2007 - My post-cat O2 sensor installation instructions for a 1999

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9880

Addition 3-14-07- My pre-cat O2 sensor installation for a 1999
(1) The only additional information for this install is that I purchased a 3/8" drive flex head rachet handle at CarQuest for $10.
(2) Also, I needed to remove the diagonal cross braces and the triangular aluminum pan to get to the pre-cats.
(3) Once those have been removed, I followed the same instructions as per post-cat removal (see above link). Exception: no black rubber hubs. Instead, these were a straightforward removal from a wire harness that was secured via clips. Once installed, just reattach / secure back onto clips.

After each install, reset computer via OBDII reader.

Last edited by dcporsche99; 03-14-2007 at 06:39 PM.
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote