View Single Post
Old 08-19-2024, 12:00 PM   #6
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamstuh View Post
I did also have a thought regarding this. I've had 2 986 Boxsters, this one associated to the thread does have 17'' wheels however my previous 1999 Boxster did have 18'' (265 35 ZR 18) and to my knowledge never had issues with.

I am open to hearing why sticking to 17 would be safest as i want to make sure this car lasts me forever although, my only counter is that the largest market for these Boxsters appears to be 18 more times than not over 17. If you also happen to have any recommended wheels, id be more than open to seeing what you would recommend.
Believe as you choose, but we have had to fail damaged tubs picked up during PPI's and state inspection reviews, and in the state my shop is in, a damaged tub means the car is technically "totaled" and cannot be returned to the road.

Porsche even had a TSB: TSB #4407, dated March 4, 1999: " Eighteen inch wheels are not approved for use on Boxsters. Use of eighteen inch wheels on Boxsters under severe conditions may result in structural failures of the body and/or suspension".

Last edited by JFP in PA; 08-19-2024 at 12:41 PM.
JFP in PA is online now   Reply With Quote