View Single Post
Old 07-09-2024, 10:21 AM   #5
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I note what you say about the code being related to the fuel pump relay but that's not what the code reader is saying - it's saying it's a DVE spring test fail, which to me seems to fit with the click I get from the throttle body when the ignition is switched on. I have read that I should hear the motor running in the form of a hum while the TB is recognised and the settings updated, Despite that, I have changed the relay for a known good one so it isn't that component.

When you say the ECM, is that your term for what I would call the DME or ECU?

Can you advise regarding the spline nuts?
That information came directly from Porsche's OBD II diagnostic manual for your car, so it is correct.

Not surprised a non-Porsche specific diagnostic tool would give you incorrect information; we see that almost daily when customers come in telling use their car has this or that problem, and when we rescan the car with the proper tool, get something completely different. Unfortunately, with diagnostic tools, you gets what you pays for......

ECM=DME