View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 08:54 AM   #17
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateofidleness View Post
JFP, I agree, but again I tried to head off that specific “excuse” (no offense intended) in the original post. That’s basically saying, “well the car is old now so a forum can’t be active anymore”, which just isn’t the case compared to other forums I frequent. Hell even Rennlist’s Boxster forums are more active. I don’t even think we’re getting track folks or daily drivers through here any more.

Ironically this has been the most active thread recently. That’s kinda sad.
Two points: Age does matter, as does even dull things like the season.

I used to have a tech that has a 2004 Sentra SER Spec V that he bought new and kept in immaculate condition. This model, Nissan designation B15, is long discontinued, and even the base model (Sentra) is also long dead. There used to be several B15 dedicated tech websites, or Sentra sites with a B15 section, but now there appears to be only one, and that one gets new post only every once in a while, usually by someone looking for discontinued parts.

Other Boxster only websites, like Pedro's for example, sometimes go days or even a week or more before someone posts asking for a source for a specific light bulb. But when the weather warms up, suddenly there are more participants as the cars come out of hibernation, so there is definitely a seasonal response in how active the site is. Other, broader Porsche sites, like RennTech, Rennlist, etc. draw on a broader model base then just the 986, and even they have fewer 986 specific posters.

Lastly, the owners of this site do not really give a damn about its operation, they only care about selling you something. It was bad enough when Wayne had it, it has gone downhill since he sold it.