View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 08:17 AM   #16
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
A few comments...
Many automotive forums have been declining in recent years, not just this one. Facebook and YouTube have taken some of the traffic, but they really don't substitute what the forum format can provide.

The historic record of knowledge and experience on this forum is priceless to someone looking to do major maintenance or repairs to a 986. Probably all significant issues have been addressed many times over, but fresh experience and follow-ups are always useful.

Quote:
What i don't understand is that the view counter will go up yet no body says anything. Is it if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything or just lookers with no interest in interaction?
I suspect that many of us often read threads without commenting. I enjoy following along with the modifications and builds that people do, but without anything constructive to add I'd rather not clutter them up with superfluous comments. It would be nice if there was a simple 'thumbs up' or like function.

We don't need a lot of real moderation, but getting some response when scammers are reported would be nice. Scammers and AI bots are all over the internet. It would be nice if the accounts here could be deleted once they are identified.

Personally my biggest problem is the limited 'mailbox' size. Having been on the forum for a few years, selling stuff and helping out with specific problems, my mailbox is always near full and I like to keep many of the old messages for reference and memories of those no longer with us. The limit is 300 messages counting sent and inbox. That's not a lot after ten years on the forum. 1000 would be nice and I expect that the memory required to support that would be trivial these days.