View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 10:07 AM   #9
FoFoJoe
FoFoJoe

Garage
Out of curiosity I ran the offset calculator to compare our set ups.

Our rear set up is identical when you aren't running the spacer (not accounting for wheel width, but with matched tires offset calculators read them as the same width.)
If I had to guess, your set up could be a tad thinner at the fender because your tire is a tiny bit more stretched compared to mine.

58mm stock -15mm spacer (43mm effective) on my wheels.
43mm stock, no spacer for yours.

With the spacer on your rear, you push to 38mm. So by that math, the extra couple mm should let the 275 tire fit without issue on my car.

Here are the fronts.

You're 7mm out compared to mine, with the same width wheel (8inch). I am currently running a 225 tire. With a 7mm spacer and a 235 tire, by these numbers I shouldn't rub. Especially considering you ran your setup for Auto-X, which in my mind would push the suspension to rub if the chance was there.

Main difference is our ride height. I don't know your suspension set up, but I am about 1.5inch lowered so maybe a 3-5mm spacer would be a better choice for me.

So your data was very helpful. Do you have any pictures of your Boxster with the auto-x wheel set up on by chance?
- FunctionFirst shift knob/short shift kit
- Focal speakers/Alpine amp/Kenwood deck/Pioneer 8" subs

Last edited by FoFoJoe; 02-11-2022 at 10:20 AM.
FoFoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote