View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 08:12 PM   #10
FoFoJoe
FoFoJoe

Garage
Btw I want to check myself here to see if this plan will work.

The goal is to get the car to pass my new home county's emissions. I get the occasional P0139 CEL that I clear using my scangauge. The scangauge also reports that the car is in the "Not Ready" state so I know it will currently not pass. I have O2 spoofers on the rear O2 sensors already which reduce the frequency of the CEL, but can't get me to the "Ready" state afaik.

So I currently have TopSpeedAuto headers, midpipes, and muffler. I have no cats. Yes I recognize this is not environmentally friendly, and in hindsight the header swap was not worth the hassle, but here we are.

I used to live in a county that did not require emissions. I now live in a county that does. I have clean tags for now, but they expire later this year. I have a daily driver so I am not in a rush.

My plan is to install the factory midpipes back in, then wire the rear header O2 sensor to the bung behind the cat in the factory midpipe.

I am now realizing that I don't remember if the midpipes have rear O2 bungs..

Any insight/comments are appreciated.

I definitely should've kept my stock headers and cats but that was 2 moves ago and I didn't plan on leaving the state at the time so it wasn't a concern.
- FunctionFirst shift knob/short shift kit
- Focal speakers/Alpine amp/Kenwood deck/Pioneer 8" subs
FoFoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote