View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 07:44 PM   #454
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
Sorry no, but a little post write-up out of my memory might help.

The indicator works absolutley perfect, although it relies on an analog sensor (I guess). Shifts are recognized and displayed within a second. I thought it might be only for fun, but honestly, after the wow effect was gone...I realised that I still regularly check my gears, e.g. when not quite sure or entering a sharper turn. Really usefull and looks cool to boot, ....and yes I am 50+ and face memory loss from time to time )

One little sensor will be attached with zip ties to the gear lever (you've got to desinstall the shifter knob first). The 2nd sensor (a little reference box) needs to be attached to the car frame (I placed it right next to the airbag controller box). It needs to sit absolutely tight to have error free indications, so I manufactured metal frame and used the existing screws you will find in that air bag controller area. Tape is just not good enough long term.
Of course it needs power, but there are more than enough options to steal power in the center consol area.
After the reference box and the movement sensor are tightly fitted, you can start to program each gear in the indicator (no worries, they have a good manual)

How did I manage to get the huge indicator LED in that tiny spot? I disassembled the LED housing and used tiny neodym magnets glued to several little spots in the dashhousing and on the LED indicator (which I probably had to safely trim down to its core to be able to fit in that spot.
This way, I can flip the LED aside, if I need access to the main screw which attaches the gauges housing! That was the TRICKY part and took quite some time to figure out a solution.
So in case I need access to the screw, I flip the plastic see through frame aside, pull that orange metall pin and bingo...the indicator will unhook from the magnets and I will have free access to the screw behing it. Putting it back is as easy, as the magnets will force it back into place, when i push the orange metal pin.

https://www.gaslock.de/en/innovation/indy-cator/
Thanks bran, that's a huge help!

Sent from my SO-02K using Tapatalk