Thread: Xenon Litronics
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 05:56 PM   #6
97gtaboxter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH1990 View Post
In addition to the guidance that PLP provided, you cannot rule out the possibility of deteriorated wiring inside the light assembly. You can check out my experience refurbishing a set of litronics in this thread: http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/54697-advice-used-litronics.html

I had a bad ballast on one light and deteriorated wiring in another. I was able to swap the working ballast between the two headlights and confirm that was the problem before I purchased a replacement. You may want to purchase one ballast to confirm that fixes the problem before investing in a second. I believe they are fairly expensive.

How did the seller know the lights were working when he shipped them? Did he remove them from his vehicle?
Hi Kevin,

The wiring looks fine to me. I even tried swapping the ballast between lights and still nothing. Could I have 2 bad ballasts? Anyone know how to test the ballast? Maybe I should get a new ballast so at least I know it’s new.

Seller told me they were working on the car he removed them from before sending them.
97gtaboxter is offline   Reply With Quote