View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 06:38 AM   #2
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper7821 View Post
I had a mishap with my car and it's been a month and I thought the car would be finished today. Went to put in the left rear hub carrier after replacing the subframe, axle, and all the control arms, and noticed the bottom of the strut is slightly bent. Closest place I found one from a S is used is in California.

Question, are the struts different from the base verses an S, and are the springs different too and I should only be searching for an S strut.

My strut P/N is 986 333 051 20.

Since I'm trying to get my car on the road today, what aftermarket one would match up to the others that a shop or store should have in stock.
I don't know about base vs s oem specs, but I have read that the s suspension is 25% stiffer than base setup so I would imagine they are different. In the world of aftermarket coilovers, the same coilovers are used for base and s models and then adjusted to driver preference.

I would caution you about mixing and matching parts. If you replace one side, I would recommend replacing the other. If you don't, usually it will cause premature wear to both sides. Also, I would not rush this process. If you make a bad choice, or get a bad part, you will likely wind up having to do it over again. Just my 2c.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk