Thread: Almost there...
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 10:57 AM   #7
elav

Thanks Sandy! When I picked up the car, it used to beep twice when locking (signaling a fault). The passenger door window didn't move down, stay down and go back up with opening and closing the door. The driver's side window would go down but not stay down when opening the door from the inside/outside. I replaced both door latches (new from Porsche) and the micro switches on the passenger side. Oh center console hinge and latch were broken so hinge was fixed and latch replaced (and I have tested the micro switch in center console and also tested replacing that micro switch with a working one that I taped shut). With all these updates, it locked for 2 weeks without any horn beeps and then this last week it started doing the single horn beep when I lock the car and been trying to figure it out since then.

The previous owner did have a piece of tape on the convertible latch that I removed. I don't believe the alarm monitors this other than turning the occupancy sensor on when the top is up and disabling it when the top is down, but perhaps I'm incorrect. It is the one area I haven't tested...
elav is offline   Reply With Quote