View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 07:48 PM   #3
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl-986 View Post
It's a trigger for the car to know if the radio is there or not. It will be a female spade connector on the left hand side of the radio that connects to the frame. Doesn't do anything other then setting a code in the alarm module. When doing an aftermarket it is just left disconnected, but it could be wired to ground depending on who did the install. Again, it only sets a code in the alarm module which you can only see with durametric or porsche scanners.

basically...you can ignore it.
Thanks for the reply stl. I was worried because I have already found one wiring surprise in this car - a wire with is own fuse - almost like an add-a-fuse - coming from the telephone fuse (e6 if I remember if the top of my head) that runs over to and terminated on the center console carpeted trim piece. Disconnect that wire from the dust box and the car won't even turn over. Freaked me out the first time it happened. What's really wired about it is that panel is made of plastic and carpet, so I don't even understand how exactly it grounds. I was worried that radio switch may play into that wire somehow. I'll have to take a pic and pay it on here to see if anyone else's is sweet up this way.

Anyway, thanks again for the reply!

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk