View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 06:18 PM   #1
ike84

Aftermarket amp install

3 years ago crutchfield set me up with a great double din head unit and wiring harness - plug and play install, worked flawlessly.

Now, as per my usual MO, I'm bored with it and am going to delete the head unit altogether. I know this sounds ridiculous, but its another step in making my car more "driving focused".

So, I've got an 8 channel amp that has a Bluetooth receiver built in, so I can connect phone directly to the amp. No head unit needed, voila. And I've located wiring diagram from amp harness to speakers, so no issues though.

Looking at these diagrams though I couldn't help but notice the thing I circled in red in the below pic - does anyone know what this is? At first glance it looks like removing the head unit wiring will trip the immobilizer. That seems like a weird security feature, but I suppose not completely crazy. I imagine if that's the case I will have to leave the stock wiring in place? Ideally I want to remove it since it's a rats nest, but I would like for the girl to start up once I'm done with this.

Best,
Ike

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk