View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 12:31 PM   #16
RedTele58

Do you still have the Aero Kit 2 (GT3) side skirts from Maytag? I'll trade you for my Aero Kit 1 side skirts plus cash if you'd like or buy them outright. Let me know!

Oh man. And 5-speed carbon shifter. I can't find those either. I have a 3.4 with a 5-speed and the few knobs I've found are 6-speed. Let me know if you'd like to sell it too.

Pics of the GT3 seats or they don't exist lol. I searched for Boxster Red sport seats for about two years. Never found one, not just for sale but even in photos. I thought maybe they didn't exist. Eventually I found a trashed black set and had them recovered but the color is a little off. Yours are maybe the fifth pair I have ever seen in photos or person in four years of ownership.

There are so many neat and rare accessories out there for 986/996s. Just look at these photos from the Exclusive catalogs of the time. Those Boxster Red / carbon pieces are pure joy:

Javi - yes, I have the sideskirts from Maytags car - already prepped to go on my 2000 base - sorry.

Reference the pics shown here - I have a carbon fiber center console, the silver console, Boxster Red CF shifter and parking brake, all the carbon fiber dash pieces, door pieces, etc. They're getting harder and harder to find - 5 or 6 years ago not so much.

A tip for you for the CF shifter and parking brake - you may have to combine pieces from a 5 speed and 6 speed shifter and make what you want. They come apart easy and go back together easy - example - I have a 6-speed CF shifter, with the black leather boot and silver horseshoe trim ring - the CF 6-speed shifter on my 996 has several large cracks. I need the black leather boot and horseshoe trim piece for one of my '99s w/ a CF 5-speed shifter, but a plain leather boot - so - the 6-speed CF shifter gets transplanted to the 996 red leather boot, the black leather boot and horseshoe goes to the 5-speed CF shifter. I sacrificed a 6-speed assembly, but repaired my red one and turned the black boot and horseshoe into a 5-speed for my '99.

The parking brake pieces work the same - find a decent black CF parking brake and transplant the red pieces from another parking brake.

I'll try and get some pictures of the red GT3 seats and red CF pieces this weekend for you - just so you know they really exist.