View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 10:44 AM   #12
RedTele58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi Cooper View Post
Dang... not only you got the side skirts I wanted, but also the shift knob and brake level I'm looking for plus the seats I searched for forever!! Sell them to me!
You just gotta be faster than me when you're looking for things to buy!

The '99 996C4 came with the Boxster Red interior and carbon fiber pieces from the factory. I have the window sticker for the car - almost $96,000 in 1999 dollars. It's a heavily optioned car. I was at the upholstery shop yesterday getting lined up for new tops w/ the glass rear window for a couple of my Boxsters and we discussed getting new Boxster Red seat covers from Porsche for the 996 - you can see those are pretty ratty looking. Not sure why - the rest of the car is pretty perfect, but I bought the car with the seats already doggy looking.

I have a set of Boxster Red GT3 seats still brand new in their Recaro boxes stashed away in a spare bedroom. Try finding a set of those anywhere in the world.

I have 5 and 6 speed CF shifters and parking brakes in my other cars that I've picked up off eBay. You have to be constantly looking and have the cash ready to spend right now. A lot of this stuff, if you wait until payday to purchase it will be long gone.