View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 07:50 AM   #10
rezanourai

Definitely, really appreciate all the knowledge shared on this site.

I've seen this question asked a few times but the answers are still not really clear for me: What do most spec boxsters do for removing the frunk/trunk latches & pulls from the driver door areas? Not that my car is official spec since it's an S, but in general I'm taking inspiration from SPB for my build.

The two main options I see are to just cut the cable short closer to the frunk/trunk and create a pull loop, exposing it somewhere nearby (maybe headlight or taillight area, our out from grill in the bumper or something). This would retain the factory latch system.

The other option I see is hood pins/latches. I see a lot of Aerolatches on the SPBs. With these, I see a lot of debate on whether to also still keep the factory hood latch (seems like that wouldn't solve the problem of wanting to clear out cabling & latches from interior unless you also combined with the first option above) or some people say just run the hood pins by themselves. Others say that's dangerous and they aren't as reliable as factory latch.

Thoughts? Curious what most of you guys who only race your cars do. My car will no longer be street legal or street driven after this month anyways so not worried about street use cases, only pure track/race.
rezanourai is offline   Reply With Quote