View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 11:31 PM   #1
rezanourai

Progress update and a few questions

Been continuing with the conversion to race car, and today it was removing the rest of the carpet inside and the center console. Since I still have the power windows in the car, I relocated the power window switches to two empty blanks I had left of the HVAC system (below TC off). Passenger seat came out as well. Pics of the progress below, including of the newly relocated power window switches

I had a couple questions for next steps. My new Futura trailer should be coming soon (been getting delayed for a few weeks, hope there are no more delays) and I'm planning on getting a full cage welded in at some point soon (hopefully in the next couple months). Trying to figure out what I can safely remove before the cage, and what I should really wait until I have cage to remove.

My original plan was to pull the dash so I can get to the rest of the wiring looms and start pulling wires. I've already removed the stereo, but all the speaker wire, wire to the cd changer & amp, etc... along with wires for the seats (which are no longer there) and even the heated seats, spoiler, defrosters, and convertible top can all be removed. I'm planning on removing the A/C unit and components (need to go get the system discharged first) and possibly the heater, though I'm tempted to leave front windshield defrost for emergencies. Airbags & door trim are high on my list, but I don't feel great about removing airbags until I have cage + HANS + harness in the car. What are people's thoughts on harness + HANS, but without a full cage? Safe to remove airbags, or really should wait until the cage is in first? Currently I'm still running OEM 3-point seat belt on track because I still have airbags.

rezanourai is offline   Reply With Quote