View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 09:15 PM   #1
rezanourai

Intro post & track car build progress

Hi all, new to the forum. Figured I'd intro myself and my current track car project (986 S, unfortunately won't meet BSR but still going to turn it into something lean and mean for time attacks and general HPDE fun)

I'm new to the forum, but only kind of new to track driving. Been tracking my cars for about 4-5 years now, anywhere from 6-12 track days a year, depending on the year). I had a 991.1 C2S as a daily/track car split for a while, and now I have a 991.1 GT3 as a dedicated track car.

Just picked up a 2000 Boxster S that I'm converting to stripped down full track car this winter and starting to head to the track with it in a couple weeks for it's first shake down run.

So far with the car, I've:

- Removed spare, tools, etc...
- Removed frunk & trunk liners, carpet, plastic trim, sound insulation
- Removed stereo head unit, speakers, amp, cd changer, rear speaker shelf
- Removed Interior heavy carpets & sound insulation from engine bay/behind seats. Haven't removed the rest of the interior carpet yet so I can still drive the car around on the streets until my trailer gets here (ordered already)
- Removed some dash and door trim so far
- Removed spoiler motor and assembly, left in up position
- Removed convertible top motor and transimission/gearing, just manually operated at the moment.
- Got a fiberglass roof shell (from Getty Design) just waiting on the latches to come in to remove rest of soft top and mount this instead
- Replaced driver seat with Sparco lightweight fiberglass seat. Removing passenger seat for now, will eventually put in another race seat there
- Swapped from the 18" Sport Design wheels to the 17" BSR-sized turbo twists
- Installed PSS9 coilovers
- Installed stainless brake lines, speed bleeder valves, Sebro rotors & Ferodo DS3 pads
- Installed an eBay cheapo muffler that weighs only 11lbs compared to the factory 30+ lb muffler
- and probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting. Have been wrenching away on this car for the past 2 months off & on. Lots of normal maintenance and repairs as well (oil change with new LN spin-on adapter & magnetic plug, new spark plugs, replacing wheel bearings, etc...)

Currently have some adjustable control arms, swaybars, drop links, tow links coming to complete the suspension overhaul as most of the original boots and bushings were falling apart so figured may as well just do the whole makeover now while in there

Looking forward to heading to Thunderhill with some folks on 1/18 to give it the first proper on-track shake down and see how things go!

Some progress pics.....

rezanourai is offline   Reply With Quote