View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 05:09 AM   #5
Nickanator8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman View Post
Is this a daily driver or unneeded fun car?
This is going to be a dedicated fun car. I have a Ford Focus as a daily. I plan to use the Boxster primarily as a fun weekend car, stuff like heading out into the mountains. I suspect I will eventually dabble in autocross and/or track days, but those will come down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
Make an offer of $9000 to dealer based on miles, age. Check if IMS bearing has been replaced with records showing it has. Get a PPI to find all trouble spots; pay for it, it's worth it and gives you a better health record of the P car as a potential owner and what all you'll need to fix/update. Forget the base model.
I probably should just pay for a professional PPI, but tbh if the car has 127k on the clock I feel like the IMS issue would have presented itself by now. My understanding is that the percentage of vehicles affected by the IMS issue is a bit exaggerated.

As nice as that example looks, I will be financing the car as I don't have $10k sitting in the bank right now. I doubt I could arrange a monthly payment schedule with a private party a state away.

Last edited by Nickanator8; 01-05-2021 at 05:23 AM.
Nickanator8 is offline   Reply With Quote