View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 02:04 PM   #2
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot4fn View Post
Started a new thread with bettern describing name.

Original thread with only couple replys is here: http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/79068-removing-m535.html

I just placed my car (2001 Boxster 2.7 with Manual transmission) in to winter sleep.
There is some issues with key fob remotes not communicating with the M535 unit and it has been verified that key fobs do send good signal. Regardless of the previous, Porsche dealer could not pair the M535 with the key fob remotes.
For the above reasons, I'd like to take the M535 unit out from the car and inspect it if there is water damage etc. If needed to, get unit sent to be repaired.
Before the removal, the plan is to disconnect the battery ground, remove the frunk latch lock 'hook' from the frunk lid.
Should I do something else or take something else in to consideration before removing the M535, so I could install it back later on without too much of grief?

... so have some connection issues between the key fobs and alarm control unit (ACU). Key fobs do send the signal as inspectedby 'Keyfobrepair'. Regardless of this, Porche dealer could not get the connection to work between the key fobs and the car.

I got the ACU out today and Looks like the ACU is fine - does not have any sign of moisture in it. Also the pins on the connectors and plastic box is super clean inside out.

Both, the ACU and fobs were replaced on 2015 by previous owner due to water damage in old unit. So, the current unit looks real good maybe for a good reason.

It is just amazing that the keys do not communicate with the ACU - not even with the attempt by Porsche dealer...
Could there be any other fault possibilities to check before ordering a new fob from Porsche dealer?
When did it stop working?

I believe there's a cable that goes to the antenna. I am not sure if that cable is part of the existing wiring harnesses or separate, as my car was not equipped with remote fobs. If your car was originally equipped with remote key fobs, look for that cable under the seat, and make sure it is connected to the Immobilizer (ACU). If you have it, it connects to the brass connector above the blue connector in your left picture.

If it never worked since you bought it, here's what I suspect may be happening:

If you don't have the antenna cable, then your car was not originally equipped with remote key fobs. It could very well be that your car was not so equipped, and the previous owner may have replaced the original M531 Immobilizer with an upgraded M535 version, and added remote key fobs. Maybe he got them as a package deal. If this is the case, then maybe if you find an antenna and cable from a scrap yard you can get it to work? I don't know for sure though.

Last edited by piper6909; 11-30-2020 at 02:33 PM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote