Thread: This & That
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 08:58 AM   #81
grc0456
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
The buyer of THAT texted me a couple days ago to say the it had a check engine light with code P1124 and P1126 and just wanted advice on where to look to fix them. I thought that I had fixed those codes already by tightening up a clamp on the intake and replacing a cracked hose on the AOS. I advised him to try cleaning or replacing the MAF sensor and look to see if there were any obvious leaks around the intake. I really hoped that it wasn't the AOS. He lives about three hours away from me and I didn't think there was any way I'd get out there to take a look at it myself.

Today I drove to Springfield MO to pick up a nice freshly rebuilt Porsche 914 engine I found on Craigslist. I realized that the guy who bought THAT was only about 45 minutes out of my way on the three hour drive back home. Before I left home I grabbed a known good MAF and my manometer to check the AOS. Timing worked out well and as I left Springfield, I let him know that I was going to stop by. I didn't do it because I felt bad or because the buyer asked me to. I did it because I thought I had fixed the problem and it really bothered me that it came back. ...it was personal between me and the car. I think its good now after replacing the MAF.

This is why I would never buy from someone that didn’t care about the car they are selling. Your buyer is quite fortunate he got THAT. Good karma coming your way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote