View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 07:54 PM   #12
jaykay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PorscheBoxster986 View Post
I confused myself. My HVAC control is on the bottom as shown and I pictured my setup while reading your issue. I thought you wanted to install single DIN flip at the bottom bay while moving up the HVAC at the same time which to me made no sense . There are several uses for the 3rd bay. CD storage tray, cassette tape storage (yes I know), storage cubby, HVAC, and temp gauges.

Your HVAC climate control is at the top bay from factory. You need to do pull the wiring harness down to the 3rd bay which shouldn't be too hard. Most with your setup want to bring it down to where I have it from factory. I heard that it was a very tight leash. By having the HVAC at the bottom bay it looks more uniform. It's like the two cubbies at the bottom like your setup or radio/cubby/cubby/hvac.

I suggest you remove the entire lower cubby storage. It's 5 mins total. Wear some gloves or your hands will be scuffed up.

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachments/996-forum/1029276-climate-control-relocation-mk1-img_3393-1-.jpg

Here's a thread that might help you with more pictures when jaykay did his relocation.

http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/78248-hvac-radio-relocation-harness-route.html
I did complete the move and have not posted the results....I ended up cheating by removing the psssenger side underside panel and hvac duct and then tried two different routes before I was able to get harness to reach. I used painters tape to smooth the connectors and harness to push it through the triangle of doooom. Unfortunately, I have to do a shoulder stand and reach up behind the radio to release the radio connectors for radio removal......not fun.

I ended up practicing yoga so that could I do this job...

I did mange to split loom everything though. Funny I am minus my sticky radio knobs as well nothing seems work on them..