View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 09:08 AM   #8
maytag
Who's askin'?

this thread will ensure that I NEVER sell one of my cars to someone on this forum.

I can see y'all now discussing how straight my pinstripes aren't, or how my oil-pan drain-plug had a crush washer with signs of frequent reuse.

Anonymous is fun....
But let's remember too that to some of y'all (I think 10/10ths is this way, along with some others) this car is a work of perfection and nothing but the best parts, tools and methods should be used (I'm this way with my Ferrari, so I can relate).
But to some of us, this car is a cheap beater. "good-'nuff" is the name of the game with my Boxster. you are going to find mix-n-matched hardware from where I broke-off exhaust-clamp bolts, or re-purposed hoses of various colors and materials, or wires that are a different color than the OEM. You'll find tek-screws holding a solenoid to the heat-shrouds around the motor / trans, you'll find heat-shrink holding-together an electrical connector with a broken tab. There's lots of "pit-lane-engineering" on my car.

I guess if y'all wanna air it all here.... do it. But let's not alienate guys who look at these cars differently than you do, or who might be just learning DIY (in which case we should be cheering their effort, not picking at the results). :dance:
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote