View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 01:44 PM   #6
Phat Hippy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by willw View Post
Nice haul. Looks like you have some work ahead of you. Where did you get the deep sump pan and IMSB kit? Looks like good quality. I don't see a new bearing.

I just received a box of two lower control arms (coffin arms) to rid my car of the usual front-end clunk.
I'm doing all the pre-qualifications needed for the IMSolution from LN Engineering. I want to do it right because the car has only 50k on it now, and I want to keep it for a while. I bought the tools from FVD because they were only $195 and I'm going to need cam locking tools more than once. I can't make them for that price. I'm planning to extract the bearing to see what I have, then rent the proper install tools from LN and the new RMS when ready this fall. Right now A proper oil change with Speediagnostics and Driven DT40 a bore inspection and deep sump. There is a lot of summer left to drive it. The deep sump is a little expensive $495, but it is a one piece completely machined with the X51 style baffle. I'm not racing or tracking this car but I didn't want to have the extension deep sump set-up with double the sealing concerns.

Suspension parts are further down my list. Good luck with your project.
Phat Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote