View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 06:52 AM   #1
Viking66

Auto Trans To a Manual Motor

Ok, so I am new to the Porsche Boxster world, but not new to wrenching on all kinds of things so the work does not scare me and I have the tools and area to freely work.

That said. I bought a Money Pit... (I say that because all used cars are.)1998 Boxster Base Tip, so my wife can drive it too.

Motor is locked up, but I found a decent 41K manual setup motor and bought it. I have looked at the 6 pages on here of the search for Automatic Transmission and saw changing from an auto to manual, but not the other way around, or maybe a few mentions....but nothing specific.

I have the old motor out and access to any of the parts I would need for the swap. I knew I would need the Harness, which I have removed and meticulously cleaned for re-installation. I have also removed the Flex Plate for the Torque Converter.

What else from the old motor will I need to take off? Will I need to do anything electronic setting wise (re-mapping) once I have it back up running? Anything else I may not be thinking of?

I will have about $6800 in it once I am done since I am doing all the work. That includes the car, the motor, brake job, total fluid changes..not so bad for a project I think, but maybe I am a sucker for punishment as well...LOL

Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to replies.
Viking66 is offline   Reply With Quote