tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
What spring rate is on them?
And at what installed length?
Where'd you set the ride height to?
I'm interested to hear your experience with them. I looked at them for a minute as well, but went a different route.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Maytag, I follow your posts and your experiences help many on this forum, myself included. You figure lots of stuff out and your racing. Thats really cool. Its flattering to be asked to pass my experiences to you, ill start with this and more to come once Im driving again.
They are listed at 6K/8K on spring rates with adjustable dampening, 1-32. I set them at 10 as this is a street car and 8 was recommended, so maybe a little stiffer. I set ride height 1/2 inch lower, pretty close to stock. Intentions were to replace my struts, because the original had 100K, 20 years and after removing them, its clear they were done. A Bilstein setup was easy enough, probably superior but would have been 1000 dollars more, so I went with Yellowspeed based on price. I also had some feedback from local guys that run tuned japanese street cars. Noone had anything bad to say.
My car would roll and pitch when I drove spirited and I am hopeful this flattens things out a bit. As good as the car handled with stock units, I cannot imagine what the future holds but I haven't driven the car yet since I am also replacing most of the plastic and the wheel wells. What did you use?
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote