View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 01:05 PM   #1
986Chick

Is the Porsche Classic PCCM Plus worth getting?

My first post!

I recently bought back my 1999 Boxster from a guy I sold it to in 2008. I saw it on the street after 12 years, and it had a for sale sign, so that seemed like a message from the universe and I bought it back. And I'm thrilled!

But!

It seems that in the last 12 years some issues have cropped up. One is that the stereo head unit doesn't work.

I'm thinking of replacing it with a double din head unit with all the modern tech. But most aftermarket head units look like space ships, and I want to stay true to the original design.

Right now, the interior dash set up is like this except it has the CD changer in the frunk:

I don't want to put something futuristic in it. I want it to look like it belongs. So I looked around and found that Porsche Classic makes a head unit called the PCCM Plus that seems to fit the bill. It looks like this:

The problem is that because it's OEM Porsche, it's super expensive. Like, $1,700.

My question: If I want to maintain the look, is this the one to get? Is it worth the money? Or is there some other option that will maintain the look and still give me all the 2020 tech I want for less money?

I'm brand new to this. I'm not tech savvy or car savvy. I just rebought my old car on a whim, and now I need to bring it back up to snuff. As long as I'm doing that, I'd like to make it more user friendly. But, as I said, I still want to stay true to the styling.

What do you think?
986Chick is offline   Reply With Quote