Thread: Track alignment
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #74
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Boy View Post
It's admirable that you freely admit your mistakes, Maytag.

I hope that everything gets resolved properly and you can enjoy your car fully.

Are you still selling it? If you have the time of your life, will you keep it? Are you gong to do any track days with your new car?
I'm not sure.... that first sentence might be you mocking me, and I probably deserve it. It might not be the dumbest thing I've ever done.... but it ranks up there. If I can't laugh at myself, well then, I've missed the point.

It's uncertain whether I'll sell it. If i could find some off-site storage that made sense, it might be "outta sight outta mind" for a minute, and I won't feel pressured to unload it.

Yes, I'll have the new car out at the PCA DE at least one of the two days. the car just WANTS it. :dance:

But here's the thing: with the Boxster, I feel like I can push it HARD. I'm a good enough driver that I can mostly stay out of trouble with that car. It's fun to brush up against some of the car's limitations, and know that there's still more I can squeeze out as I keep learning. And, it fits the first rule I always tell newcomers: if you take it on the track, make sure you'd be okay if you had to leave without it.

With the new car, it's much more car. MUCH more car. And it may require a MUCH better driver than I am to get the same enjoyment out of it at the racetrack. I'm going to find out. I'm not going to be rallying across the curbs as I do in the Boxster. I'll probably leave the TC on most of the time (it's surprisingly effective at helping you go fast, at least in my so-far limited experience with it). With about 550hp begging for me to tap on it, driving the line out of the apex requires a much more judicious application.
But I need to hear it all full scream down the straight, and in the back-throttle-burble in the hard braking zones. :dance:
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote