View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 05:13 AM   #3
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloonmeister View Post
I have a 2003 Boxster S which does not have either the OBC or CC. I want to have a shop perform the upgrades for both items as described in the Pelican How To Articles for Boxsters. I asked my local Porsche dealership if they could do the upgrades and they said they could except they could not recode the computer as they do not have a PST-2 tool anymore. I forwarded the How To article to them which I believe states that they can use either the PST-2 OR the PIWIS to no avail. Does anyone know if the upgrades can definitely be recoded with the current version of the PIWIS, which do they do have in their shop? Also, can the recoding be done with a Durametric which is at another indie shop?
Both the PIWIS and Durametric can do it. I would stay away from dealerships on this as they are under factory orders not to activate OBC or cruise without charging full boat for what the options were when the car was purchased.