View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 04:39 AM   #9
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
That's the most contradictory advise I have ever read. Are you joking? ...
Yes and no...

Added for clarity: Everything in my bullet list comes from responses to similar "what car" threads posted here over the years. The variety of responses has much to do with the personality, capability, and experiences of the forum members who posted them. Which opposing statement is correct will all depend on the personality, capability, and experiences of the buyer. I don't think that ANY of those statements is wrong. I think that they are all true opinions of people who posted them trying to be helpful. The buyer needs to choose which ones are true to them. ...too deep?

Mike's Boxster pages and his advice have been one of my favorite resources over my years of ownership. My purchases and experiences are well outside the curve of 'normal', but I have seen quite a bit of good and bad in the dozen 986s I've bought. I have seen people do everything right and still end up with a $10,000 roller a few months later or buy a cheap, high mile car and put another 50k trouble free miles on it. The advice that I gave at the end of my post was legit.

Last edited by 78F350; 03-18-2020 at 12:27 PM.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote