Thread: Anything else
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 10:07 AM   #6
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aynsley683 View Post
When it arrived it kept cutting out after a few moments with a fair amount of blue grey smoke then it even out into a rough going sound eventually. It’s an ‘03 with 66k miles on it-thought that would show up when I registered.

Runs fairly rough, so am going ahead with spark plugs etc. , as to brake fluid change that’s fairly high on my list to do as is coolant. As will be brakes and callipers checked and maybes redone- brake system is one of those take no prisoners type things for me.

We are planning on driving it around this summer , I mean why not, then maybes getting rid of it next spring unless it’s to much fun. Already have an old ‘04 Range Rover with the bmw M62 engine, and I work on the farm so don’t really need a third vehicle to run around in.

Sounds like I’m going the right way, wanted to makes sure I wasn’t missing something obvious to a Porsche that other makes don’t need checking on.

Next thing I need to search here is the fact the top dosent go all the way down , the clam shell bit dosent seat totally down, that’s for this afternoon to search for.
I assume you're aware of the AOS and the IMS? These are two "Achilles heels" of the M96 motor.
If you're NOT aware..... start with a search, and then we'll all start the arguing all over again. hehehe.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote