View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 04:46 AM   #4
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mipstien View Post
That helped but it didn't answer all of my questions.

Maybe someone can answer these.

Are adjustable lower control arms necessary?

Would they be required on the front with camber plates?
First, the disclaimer: I am not an alignment professional. ;-)

Just looking at how the parts interact with each other, we can anticipate how they respond to your goals.

Front:
You said your coilovers will have camber plates: adjustable? Or one- position? This is about your question with "aligned correctly". I can't say if you'll be within factory spec, but you haven't told us how low your going either, so that's only half my fault, Haha.
You will not need adjustable LCA's to simply lower the car. Because you're not using adjustable LCA's, your thrust arms should keep you within the intended "range" on caster.
There should be sufficient adjustability in your tie rods to get your toe in spec.
You'll likely need adjustable end links. (If that becomes necessary, I have two brand new sets of SPL Pro end links that I ended up not using.)

Rear;
I don't think you can get a camber plate up in there. Others may know better, but having installed coilovers recently, I can't imagine a canner plate fitting, nor the spring having room to offset like that. You'll probably need adjustable toe links. (Though you MIGHT find you're close enough with the stock adjustment available)
Again, probably need end links.

Something to consider: I lowered mine as much as I thought was prudent for track use. It's not as low as I'm sure you're considering. I'm as low as I think I can be and still allow the LCA to not go past horizontal. Once you go past horizontal, you're pulling the toe in, increasing understeer. I'm not sure you care for your use, but consider all of this as you determine your ride height.

I'm sure others will correct some of what I've told you. I'm not the pro, but I have been into mine very recently.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote