Old 01-17-2020, 12:41 PM   #19
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russdawg1 View Post
Man this is my new favorite forum.

You guys are a riot!
Oh, you have no idea .....
Wait till piper and starter986 show up. That'll send some of the rest of us running for the hills. HAHA

fwiw: im not a Porsche guy. Never cared for them. I'm a track guy, having raced superbikes for many Years. But since being disappointed with a 911 in the '8o's, I've always simply dismissed porsches as poser cars.
Then I drove a 986 boxster. I drove it cuz I was looking for something euro, convert, manual trans, no black/ grey/ silver, etc, and under $10k so my wife wouldn't notice. Hehe.
I found a different car on the internet, shipped, taxed, etc. for under $8k. It's an '03 S with 147k. That was 2 years ago.

Anyway: two things have made me stay in the porche world: 1- the boxster really likes the racetrack. As track tools go, it ticks allot of boxes. And 2- the community. With a few exceptions, the Porsche community is much better than most enthusiast- car communities. My local pca chapter couldn't care less that I showed up in a $8k car..... they just love porsches.
Try showing up at a Ferrari event in a $50k 348..... see what happens. (Not the same experience)

So yes.... this should be your new favorite online home.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote